Tutorial: Integrate Ungerboeck Software with Azure Active Directory
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Ungerboeck Software with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). When you integrate Ungerboeck Software with Azure AD, you can:
- Control in Azure AD who has access to Ungerboeck Software.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to Ungerboeck Software with their Azure AD accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location - the Azure portal.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Azure AD, see What is application access and single sign-on with Azure Active Directory.
To get started, you need the following items:
- An Azure AD subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get one-month free trial here.
- Ungerboeck Software single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Azure AD SSO in a test environment. Ungerboeck Software supports SP initiated SSO.
Adding Ungerboeck Software from the gallery
To configure the integration of Ungerboeck Software into Azure AD, you need to add Ungerboeck Software from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal using either a work or school account, or a personal Microsoft account.
- On the left navigation pane, select the Azure Active Directory service.
- Navigate to Enterprise Applications and then select All Applications.
- To add new application, select New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type Ungerboeck Software in the search box.
- Select Ungerboeck Software from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Configure and test Azure AD single sign-on
Configure and test Azure AD SSO with Ungerboeck Software using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between an Azure AD user and the related user in Ungerboeck Software.
To configure and test Azure AD SSO with Ungerboeck Software, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Azure AD SSO to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure Ungerboeck Software SSO to configure the SSO settings on application side.
- Create an Azure AD test user to test Azure AD single sign-on with B.Simon.
- Assign the Azure AD test user to enable B.Simon to use Azure AD single sign-on.
- Create Ungerboeck Software test user to have a counterpart of B.Simon in Ungerboeck Software that is linked to the Azure AD representation of user.
- Test SSO to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Azure AD SSO
Follow these steps to enable Azure AD SSO in the Azure portal.
In the Azure portal, on the Ungerboeck Software application integration page, find the Manage section and select Single sign-on.
On the Select a Single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up Single Sign-On with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration page, enter the values for the following fields:
In the Sign on URL text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
In the Identifier (Entity ID) text box, type a URL using the following pattern:
For production environment:
For test environment:
These values are not real. Update these values with the actual Sign on URL and Identifier which is explained later in the Configure Ungerboeck Software Single Sign-On section of the tutorial.
In the SAML Signing Certificate section, click Edit button to open SAML Signing Certificate dialog.
In the SAML Signing Certificate section, copy the Thumbprint and save it on your computer.
On the Set up Ungerboeck Software section, copy the appropriate URL(s) as per your requirement.
a. Login URL
b. Azure AD Identifier
c. Logout URL
Configure Ungerboeck Software SSO
To configure single sign-on on Ungerboeck Software side, you need to send the Thumbprint value and appropriate copied URLs from Azure portal to Ungerboeck Software support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create an Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll create a test user in the Azure portal called B.Simon.
- From the left pane in the Azure portal, select Azure Active Directory, select Users, and then select All users.
- Select New user at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Name field, enter
- In the User name field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, enter
Assign the Azure AD test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use Azure single sign-on by granting access to Ungerboeck Software.
In the Azure portal, select Enterprise Applications, and then select All applications.
In the applications list, select Ungerboeck Software.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Create Ungerboeck Software test user
In this section, you create a user called B.Simon in Ungerboeck Software. Work with Ungerboeck Software support team to add the users in the Ungerboeck Software platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
When you select the Ungerboeck Software tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the Ungerboeck Software for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.