LinkedIn account connections
In this article, you can learn how to enable or disable LinkedIn account connections for your tenant in the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) admin center.
The LinkedIn account connections setting is currently being rolled out to Azure AD tenants. When it is rolled out to your tenant, it is enabled by default.
- The setting is not available for customers using Microsoft Cloud for US Government, Microsoft Cloud Germany, or Azure and Office 365 operated by 21Vianet in China.
- The setting is off by default for tenants provisioned in Germany. Note that the setting is not available for customers using Microsoft Cloud Germany.
- The setting is off by default for tenants provisioned in France.
The integration works only if you have it enabled and if you allow users to consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf. For information about the consent setting, see How to remove a user’s access to an application.
Enable or disable LinkedIn account connections for your tenant in the Azure portal
You can enable or disable LinkedIn account connections for your entire tenant or for only selected users in your tenant.
- Sign in to the Azure Active Directory admin center with an account that's a global admin for the Azure AD tenant.
- Select Users.
- On the Users blade, select User settings.
- Under LinkedIn account connections:
- Select Yes to enable LinkedIn account connections for all users in your tenant
- Select Selected to enable LinkedIn account connections for only selected tenant users
- Select No to disable LinkedIn account connections for all users
- Save your settings when you're done by selecting Save.
Enable or disable LinkedIn account connections for your tenant using Group Policy
- Download the Office 2016 Administrative Template files (ADMX/ADML)
- Extract the ADMX files and copy them to your central store.
- Open Group Policy Management.
- Create a Group Policy Object with the following setting: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Office 2016 > Miscellaneous > Show LinkedIn features in Office applications.
Select Enabled or Disabled.
State Effect Enabled The Show LinkedIn features in Office applications setting in Office 2016 Options is enabled. Users in your organization can use LinkedIn features in their Office applications. Disabled The Show LinkedIn features in Office applications setting in Office 2016 Options is disabled and end users can't change this setting. Users in your organization can't use LinkedIn features in their Office 2016 applications.
This group policy affects only Office 2016 apps for a local computer. Users can see LinkedIn features in profile cards throughout Office 365 even if they disable LinkedIn in their Office 2016 apps.
Use the following link to see your current LinkedIn account connections setting in the Azure portal: