Azure Web App on Linux is currently in public preview and supports running web apps natively on Linux.
Customers can use Web App on Linux to host web apps natively on Linux for supported application stacks. The following section lists the application stacks that are currently supported.
Web App on Linux currently supports the following application stacks:
- .Net Core
Customers can deploy their applications by using:
- Local Git
For application scaling:
- Customers can scale web apps up and down by changing the tier in their App Service plan
- Customers can scale out applications and run multiple app instances within the confines of their SKU
For Kudu, some of the basic functionality:
- Basic consoles
- Staging environments
- DockerHub CI/CD
The Azure portal shows only features that currently work for Web App on Linux and hides the rest. As we enable more features, they will be visible on the portal.
Some features, such as virtual network integration, Azure Active Directory/third-party authentication, or Kudu site extensions, are not available yet. Once these features are available, we will update our documentation and blog about the changes.
This public preview is currently only available in the following regions:
- West US
- West Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Australia East
Web Apps on Linux is only supported in the Dedicated app service plans and does not have a Free or Shared tier. Also, App Service plans for regular and Linux web apps are mutually exclusive, so you cannot create a Linux web app in a non-Linux app service plan.
Web Apps on Linux must be created in a resource group that does not contain non-Linux web apps in the same region.
See the following links to get started with App Service on Linux. You can post questions and concerns on our forum.
- Creating Web Apps in Azure Web App on Linux
- How to use a custom Docker image for Azure Web App on Linux
- Using PM2 Configuration for Node.js in Azure Web App on Linux
- Using .NET Core in Azure App Service Web App on Linux
- Using Ruby in Azure App Service Web App on Linux
- Azure App Service Web App on Linux FAQ
- SSH support for Azure Web App on Linux
- Set up staging environments in Azure App Service
- Docker Hub Continuous Deployment with Azure Web App on Linux