Predictive Aircraft Engine Monitoring
If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information (implementation details, pricing guidance, code examples, etc), let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Microsoft Azure’s Predictive Maintenance solution demonstrates how to combine real-time aircraft data with analytics to monitor aircraft health.
This solution is built on the Azure managed services: Azure Stream Analytics, Event Hubs, Machine Learning Studio, HDInsight, Azure SQL Database, Data Factory and Power BI. These services run in a high-availability environment, patched and supported, allowing you to focus on your solution instead of the environment they run in.
- Azure Stream Analytics: Stream Analytics provides near real-time analytics on the input stream from the Azure Event Hub. Input data is filtered and passed to a Machine Learning endpoint, finally sending the results to the Power BI dashboard.
- Event Hubs ingests raw assembly-line data and passes it on to Stream Analytics.
- Machine Learning Studio: Machine Learning predicts potential failures based on real-time assembly-line data from Stream Analytics.
- HDInsight runs Hive scripts to provide aggregations on the raw events that were archived by Stream Analytics.
- Azure SQL Database: SQL Database stores prediction results received from Machine Learning and publishes data to Power BI.
- Data Factory handles orchestration, scheduling, and monitoring of the batch processing pipeline.
- Power BI visualizes real-time assembly-line data from Stream Analytics and the predicted failures and alerts from Data Warehouse.