Build cloud native applications
If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Web and mobile applications are a key part of a successful digital transformation strategy. Organizations can build cloud-native applications using Azure managed databases, Azure Kubernetes Service, and analytics/ML for applications that are incredibly responsive to customer needs.
- Deploy and manage containerized applications easily with a continuous integration and delivery experience (CI/CD), and enterprise grade security and governance.
- Focus on your app, not the database, with a fully managed database as a service for PostgreSQL. With built-in high availability and the rich feature set of Postgres, you can build design modern experiences free from legacy constraints.
- Offload database demands by managing sessions state and asset caching with Azure Cache for Redis
- Alert based on key events such as location or user activity using the serverless compute platform of Azure Functions.
- Push timely notifications directly to your users on their preferred service or medium.
- Derive deep insights by analyzing your data with Azure Synapse Analytics, with natively integrated Apache Spark for big data processing and machine learning.
- Monitor your application’s performance for degradation or anomalies, and auto-scale your application to changing performance requirements.
- Track user interactions with you application at scale using Azure Cosmos DB. Easily scale to meet changing demand requirements with a fully managed NoSQL database.
- Provide near real-time analytics and insight into user interaction by leveraging Azure Synapse Link for Azure Cosmos DB HTAP capabilities.
- Finally, surface powerful visualizations of predictive, real-time, and historical transaction data using Power BI.
- Azure Kubernetes Service allows you to quickly deploy a production ready Kubernetes cluster in Azure.
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL is a fully managed relational database service based on the community edition of the open-source PostgreSQL database engine.
- Azure Cache for Redis is a secure data cache and messaging broker that provides high throughput and low-latency access to data for applications.
- Azure Cosmos DB is a fully managed NoSQL database service for building and modernizing scalable, high performance applications.
- Azure Notification Hubs sends push notifications from any backend to any mobile device.
- Azure Functions is a serverless compute service that lets you run event-triggered code without having to explicitly provision or manage infrastructure.
- Azure Databricks is an Apache Spark-based analytics service for big data analytics and AI
- Azure Application Insights is an extensible Application Performance Management service used to monitor live applications and continuously improve performance and usability.
- Azure Synapse Analytics is an analytics service that brings together enterprise data warehousing and Big Data analytics within a unified experience.
- Power BI is a suite of business tools for self-service and enterprise business intelligence (BI). Here, it’s used to analyze and visualize data.
- Learn more about building a microservices architecture on Azure
- Learn more about building serverless applications on Azure
- Read about customers that are building cloud-native applications on Azure: Mars Veterinary Health and Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Learn more about how Azure Synapse Link can enable you to run near real-time analytics over operational data in Azure Cosmos DB, and explore common use cases like real-time personalization, predictive maintenance and anomaly detection in IoT scenarios, and supply chain analytics, forecasting, and reporting.