SMB disaster recovery with Azure Site Recovery
If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information (implementation details, pricing guidance, code examples, etc), let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Small and medium businesses can inexpensively implement disaster recovery to the cloud by using Azure Site Recovery or a partner solution like Double-Take DR.
This solution is built on the Azure managed services: Traffic Manager, Azure Site Recovery and Virtual Network. These services run in a high-availability environment, patched and supported, allowing you to focus on your solution instead of the environment they run in.
- DNS traffic is routed via Traffic Manager which can easily move traffic from one site to another based on policies defined by your organization.
- Azure Site Recovery orchestrates the replication of machines and manages the configuration of the failback procedures.
- Virtual Network: The virtual network is where the failover site will be created when a disaster occurs.
- Blob storage stores the replica images of all machines that are protected by Site Recovery.
- Configure Failover routing method
- How does Azure Site Recovery work?
- Designing your network infrastructure for disaster recovery
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure Storage