If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- Customer accesses the public website in browser.
- Browser pulls static resources and product images from Azure Content Delivery Network.
- Content Delivery Network pulls product images from blob storage.
- Customer searches for products.
- Public website pulls product catalog from product database.
- Page output is cached in the Azure Cache for Redis.
- Customer creates new orders.
- Public website invokes orders web service.
- Orders web service saves/loads orders from Azure SQL Database.
- Employee accesses the admin website in browser.
- Employee authenticates against Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Employee searches orders.
- Admin website invokes orders web service.
- App Service: Quickly create powerful cloud apps for web and mobile
- Web Apps: An App Service Web App runs in a single region, accessible to web and mobile browsers
- Azure SQL Database: Managed, intelligent SQL in the cloud
- API Apps: Publish APIs to external, partner, and employee developers securely and at scale.
- Application Insights: Detect, triage, and diagnose issues in your web apps and services
- Application Gateway: Build secure, scalable, and highly available web front ends in Azure
- Azure Cache for Redis: Power applications with high-throughput, low-latency data access
- Content Delivery Network: Ensure secure, reliable content delivery with broad global reach
- Azure Active Directory: Synchronize on-premises directories and enable single sign-on
- Blob Storage: Azure Blob storage is a Massively scalable object storage for any type of unstructured data-images, videos, audio, documents, and more-easily and cost-effectively.
- Create and use an internal load balancer with an App Service Environment
- Deploy web apps with CMS using pre-built templates
- Build an ASP.NET app in Azure with SQL Database
- Deploy your first API app
- Application Performance Management with Application Insights
- Overview of Application Gateway
- Azure Cache for Redis documentation
- Quickstart: Create an Azure Content Delivery Network profile and endpoint
- Get started with Azure AD
- Quickstart: Upload, download, and list blobs