Tier Applications & Data for Analytics
If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information (implementation details, pricing guidance, code examples, etc), let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Easily tier data and applications on-premises and in Azure with architecture that supports greater efficiency in applications. Filter unnecessary data early in the process, easily bring cloud applications close to the data on-premises, and analyze large scale aggregate data from multiple locations in Azure for fleet-level insights.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- Data flows into a storage account.
- Function on Azure Stack analyzes the data for anomalies or compliance.
- Locally-relevant insights are displayed on the Azure Stack app.
- Insights and anomalies are placed into a queue.
- The bulk of the data is placed into an archive storage account.
- Function sends data from queue to Azure Storage.
- Globally-relevant and compliant insights are available in the global app.
- Storage: Durable, highly available, and massively scalable cloud storage
- Azure Functions: Process events with serverless code
- Azure Stack: Build and run innovative hybrid applications across cloud boundaries