Unlock Legacy Data with Azure Stack
If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information (implementation details, pricing guidance, code examples, etc), let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Use Azure Stack to update and extend your legacy application data with the latest cloud technology such as Azure web services, containers, serverless computing, and microservices architectures. This is a solution to create new applications while integrating and preserving legacy data in mainframe and core business process applications.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- User enters data into Azure-based web app.
- Application commits data to database over virtual network-to-virtual network VPN connection to Azure Stack.
- Data is processed by applications running on a Kubernetes cluster on Azure Stack.
- Kubernetes cluster communicates with legacy system on corporate network.
- Virtual Network: Provision private networks, optionally connect to on-premises datacenters
- VPN Gateway: Establish secure, cross-premises connectivity