Quickstart: Enable service in IoT Hub
This article provides an explanation of how to enable the Azure Security Center (ASC) for IoT preview service on your IoT Hub.
Azure Security Center for IoT currently only supports standard tier IoT Hubs. Azure Security Center for IoT is a single hub solution. If you require multiple hubs, multiple solutions are required.
Prerequisites for enabling the service
- Log Analytics workspace
- Two types of information are stored by default in your Log Analytics workspace by ASC for IoT; security alerts and recommendations.
- You can choose to add storage of an additional information type, raw events. Note that storing raw events in Log Analytics carries additional storage costs.
- IoT Hub (standard tier)
- Meet all service prerequisites
- Supported service regions
- Central US
- Northern Europe
- Southeast Asia
Enable ASC for IoT on your IoT Hub
To enable security on your IoT Hub, do the following:
- Open your IoT Hub in Azure portal.
- Under the Security menu, click Overview, then click Start preview.
- Choose Enable IoT Security.
- Provide your Log Analytics Workspace details.
- Elect to store raw events in addition to the default information types of storage by leaving the raw event toggle On.
- Elect to enable twin collection by leaving the twin collection toggle On.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! You've completed enabling ASC for IoT on your IoT Hub.
Advance to the next article to learn how to configure your solution...
Send feedback about: