Deploy templates in Azure Stack using Visual Studio
Applies to: Azure Stack integrated systems and Azure Stack Development Kit
Use Visual Studio to deploy Azure Resource Manager templates to the Azure Stack development kit.
- Install and connect to Azure Stack with Visual Studio.
- Open Visual Studio.
- Click File, click New, and in the New Project dialog box click Azure Resource Group.
- Enter a Name for the new project, and then click OK.
- In the Select Azure Template dialog box, change the Show templates from this location drop-down to Azure Stack Quickstart
- Click 101-create-storage-account, and then click OK.
- In your new project, you can see a list of the templates available by expanding the Templates node in the Solution Explorer pane.
- In the Solution Explorer pane, right-click the name of your project, click Deploy, then click New Deployment.
- In the Deploy to Resource Group dialog box, in the Subscription drop-down, select your Microsoft Azure Stack subscription.
- In the Resource Group list, choose an existing resource group or create a new one.
- In the Resource group location list, choose a location, and then click Deploy.
- In the Edit Parameters dialog box, enter values for the parameters (which vary by template), and then click Save.