Deploy templates in Azure Stack using Visual Studio
Applies to: Azure Stack integrated systems and Azure Stack Development Kit
You can use Visual Studio to deploy Azure Resource Manager templates to Azure Stack.
To deploy a template
- Install and connect to Azure Stack with Visual Studio.
- Open Visual Studio.
- Select File, and then select New. In New Project, select Azure Resource Group.
- Enter a Name for the new project, and then select OK.
- In Select Azure Template, pick Azure Stack Quickstart from the drop-down list.
- Select 101-create-storage-account, and then select OK.
- In your new project, expand the Templates node in Solution Explorer to see the available templates.
- In Solution Explorer, pick the name of your project, and then select Deploy. Select New Deployment.
- In Deploy to Resource Group, use the Subscription drop-down list to select your Microsoft Azure Stack subscription.
- From the Resource Group list, choose an existing resource group or create a new one.
- From the Resource group location list, choose a location, and then select Deploy.
- In Edit Parameters, provide values for the parameters (which vary by template), and then select Save.