Region or SKU unavailable
This article describes how to resolve the issue of an Azure subscription not having access to a region or a VM SKU.
When deploying a virtual machine, you receive one of the following error messages:
Code: SkuNotAvailable Message: The requested size for resource '<resource>' is currently not available in location '<location>' zones '<zone>' for subscription '<subscriptionID>'. Please try another size or deploy to a different location or zones. See https://aka.ms/azureskunotavailable for details.
Message: Your subscription doesn’t support virtual machine creation in <location>. Choose a different location. Supported locations are <list of locations>
Code: NotAvailableForSubscription Message: This size is currently unavailable in this location for this subscription
When purchasing Reserved Virtual Machine Instances, you receive one of the following error messages:
Message: Your subscription doesn’t support virtual machine reservation in <location>. Choose a different location. Supported locations are: <list of locations>
Message: This size is currently unavailable in this location for this subscription
When creating a support request to increase compute core quota, a region or a SKU family is not available for selection.
We first recommend that you consider an alternative region or SKU that meets your business needs. If you’re unable to find a suitable region or SKU, create a "Subscription Management" support request following the steps below:
- On the Basics page, select Issue type as "Subscription Management", select the subscription and click "Next".
- On the Problem page, select the Problem type as “Other General Questions”.
- In the Details section:
- Please indicate if you’re looking to deploy virtual machines or purchase Reserved Virtual Machine Instances
- Please specify the region, SKU, and the number of virtual machine instances that you're planning to deploy or purchase
- Enter your contact details and click "Create".
Send feedback about: