Connect a bot to GroupMe
APPLIES TO: SDK v4
You can configure your bot to communicate with people through GroupMe. This article describes how to create a GroupMe app using the GroupMe developers site and connect your bot to your GroupMe app in Azure.
- An Azure subscription. If you don't already have one, create a free account before you begin.
- A bot published to Azure that you want to connect to GroupMe.
- A GroupMe account. If you don't have a GroupMe account, sign up for a new account.
Create a GroupMe application
- Go to the GroupMe developers site and sign in to your account.
- Create a GroupMe application for your bot.
- Enter a name for your application.
- For the Callback URL, enter
- Enter the rest of the information requested.
- Select Save to complete creation of the app.
Get your app credentials
Copy the following information from the Details tab for your application:
- Copy your client ID. This is the value for the
client_idquery parameter in the Redirect URL. For example, if your redirect URL is
https://oauth.groupme.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=my-client-id, then your client ID is
- Copy your Access Token value.
Configure your bot in Azure
To complete this step, you'll need your GroupMe application credentials from the previous step.
- Open the Azure portal.
- Open the Azure Bot resource blade for your bot.
- Open Channels and select GroupMe.
- In GroupMe Channel Configuration, enter the information you copied in the previous steps.
- Under GroupMe credentials, enter the Access Token and Client ID for your GroupMe app.
- Optionally, enable direct messaging in the channel. For more information, see What is a Direct Message in GroupMe?
- Select Apply.
For more about applications in GroupMe, see GroupMe's API Documentation.
Submit and view feedback for