APPLIES TO: SDK v4
The following are some common questions that address problems you might face.
In case you don't find the answer you're looking for, you can post your questions on Stack Overflow using the
botframework tag. If you're a new user, visit the Stack Overflow Help Center.
- How can I troubleshoot issues with my bot?
- How can I troubleshoot authentication issues?
- I'm using the Bot Framework SDK for .NET. How can I troubleshoot issues with my bot?
- How do I test network connectivity between bots and a channel?
- What causes an error with HTTP status code 429 "Too Many Requests"?
- Why aren't my bot messages getting received by the user?
- How can I run background tasks in ASP.NET?
- My bot is slow to respond to the first message it receives. How can I make it faster?
- How can I guarantee message delivery order?
- Why are parts of my message text being dropped?
- How can I support multiple bots at the same bot service endpoint?
- How do identifiers work in the Bot Framework?
- How can I get access to the user ID?
- Why are my Facebook user names not showing anymore?
- Why is my Kik bot replying "I'm sorry, I can't talk right now"?
- How can I use authenticated services from my bot?
- How can I limit access to my bot to a pre-determined list of users?
- Why does my Direct Line 1.1 conversation start over after every message?
- What causes the Direct Line 3.0 service to respond with HTTP status code 502 "Bad Gateway"?
- Why do I get an Authorization_RequestDenied exception when creating a bot?
- Why can't I migrate my bot?
- Where can I get more help?
- Test in Web Chat
- Bot does not work in Web Chat
- Bot works in Web Chat but not in other channels
HTTP 500 Errors
- Enable Application Insights on ASP.NET
- Enable Application Insights on Node.js
- Query for exceptions
- No Application Insights events