Create a new LUIS app in the LUIS portal
There are a couple of ways to create a LUIS app. You can create a LUIS app in the LUIS portal, or through the LUIS authoring APIs.
Using the LUIS portal
You can create a new app in the portal in several ways:
- Start with an empty app and create intents, utterances, and entities.
- Start with an empty app and add a prebuilt domain.
- Import a LUIS app from a
.jsonfile that already contains intents, utterances, and entities.
Using the authoring APIs
You can create a new app with the authoring APIs in a couple of ways:
- Add application - start with an empty app and create intents, utterances, and entities.
- Add prebuilt application - start with a prebuilt domain, including intents, utterances, and entities.
Sign in to LUIS portal
Starting January 20th, the regional portals (au.luis.ai and eu.luis.ai) will be consolidated into a single portal and URL. If you were using one of these portals, you will be automatically re-directed to luis.ai. You will continue using the same regional resources you created and your data will continue to be saved and processed in the same region as your resource.
A new user to LUIS needs to follow this procedure:
Using an Azure resource (recommended) - allows you to link your LUIS account with a new or existing Azure Authoring resource. This is equivalent to signing up already migrated. You won't need to go through the migration process later on.
Using a trial key. This allows you to sign in to LUIS with a trial resource that you don't need to set up. If you choose this option, you will eventually be required to migrate your account and link your applications to an authoring resource.
In the Choose an authoring window that appears, find your Azure subscription, and LUIS authoring resource. If you don't have a resource, you can create a new one.
When you create a new authoring resource, provide the following information:
- Tenant name - the tenant your Azure subscription is associated with.
- Azure subscription name - the subscription that will be billed for the resource.
- Azure resource group name - a custom resource group name you choose or create. Resource groups allow you to group Azure resources for access and management.
- Azure resource name - a custom name you choose, used as part of the URL for your authoring and prediction endpoint queries.
- Pricing tier - the pricing tier determines the maximum transaction per second and month.
Create new app in LUIS
- On My Apps page, select your Subscription, and Authoring resource then + Create.
In the dialog box, enter the name of your application, such as
Choose your application culture, and then select Done. The description and prediction resource are optional at this point. You can set then at any time in the Manage section of the portal.
The culture cannot be changed once the application is created.
After the app is created, the LUIS portal shows the Intents list with the
Noneintent already created for you. You now have an empty app.
Other actions available on My Apps page
The context toolbar provides other actions:
- Rename app
- Import from file using
- Export app as
.zip(for LUIS container)
- Import container endpoint logs, to review endpoint utterances
- Export endpoint logs, as a
.csv, for offline analysis
- Delete app
If your app design includes intent detection, create new intents, and add example utterances. If your app design is only data extraction, add example utterances to the None intent, then create entities, and label the example utterances with those entities.