Troubleshoot no eligible subscriptions
This article helps you troubleshoot the No eligible subscriptions error message in the Azure portal when you try to purchase a reservation.
- Sign in to the Azure portal and navigate to Reservations.
- Select Add and then select a service.
- You see the following error message:
No eligible subscriptions You do not have any eligible subscriptions to purchase reservations. To purchase a reservation, you should have owner or reservation purchaser permission on at least one subscription of the following type: Pay-as-you-go, CSP, Microsoft Enterprise or Microsoft Customer Agreement.
- In the Select the product you want to purchase area, expand the Billing subscription list to see the reason why a specific subscription isn't eligible to purchase a reserved instance. The following image shows examples why a reservation can't be purchased.
To buy an Azure reserved instance, you must have at least one subscription that meets the following requirements:
- The subscription must be a supported offer type. Supported offer types are: Pay-as-you-go, Cloud Solution Provider (CSP), Microsoft Azure Enterprise, or Microsoft Customer Agreement.
- You must be an owner or reservation purchaser on the subscription.
When you don't have a subscription that meets the requirements, you'll get the
No eligible subscriptions error.
The subscription must be a supported offer type. Supported offer types are: Pay-as-you-go, CSP, Microsoft Azure Enterprise, or Microsoft Customer Agreement. Your subscription type isn't one that's supported. When you select a subscription that has an offer type that doesn't support reservations, you see the following error.
Subscription not eligible for purchase This subscription is not eligible for reservation benefit an cannot be used to purchase a reservation.
You must be an owner or reservation purchaser on the subscription. When you don't have sufficient permissions, you see the following error.
You do not have owner or reservation purchaser access on the subscription You can only purchase reservations using subscriptions on which you have owner or reservation purchaser access.
- If your current offer doesn't support reservations, you need to create a new Azure subscription.
- If you don't have access to an existing reservation, you can get access to it from the current owner.
To buy a reservation, you need to create a new Azure subscription that supports reservations.
- If you have an Azure Free trial, you can upgrade your subscription.
- You can create a new Azure subscription with pay-as-you-go rates.
- Sign up for a Microsoft Customer Agreement and create a new subscription.
- Purchase a new subscription with a CSP and create a new subscription.
To get owner access to a reservation, you must get access to either:
- The reservation order that the reservation was purchased with
- The reservation itself
The current reservation order owner or reservation owner can delegate access to you using the following steps.
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Select All Services > Reservation to list reservations that you have access to.
- Select the reservation that you want to delegate access to other users.
- Select Access control (IAM).
- Select Add role assignment > Role > Owner. Or, if you want to give limited access, select a different role.
- Type the email address of the user you want to add as owner.
- Select the user, and then select Save.
For more information, see Add or change users who can manage a reservation.
- Review Add or change users who can manage a reservation if you need to have a reservation owner grant you access.