The following table provides naming rules for Data Factory artifacts.
||Unique across Microsoft Azure. Names are case-insensitive, that is, MyDF and mydf refer to the same data factory.
- Each data factory is tied to exactly one Azure subscription.
- Object names must start with a letter or a number, and can contain only letters, numbers, and the dash (-) character.
- Every dash (-) character must be immediately preceded and followed by a letter or a number. Consecutive dashes are not permitted in container names.
- Name can be 3-63 characters long.
||Unique with in a data factory. Names are case-insensitive.
- Maximum number of characters in a table name: 260.
- Object names must start with a letter, number, or an underscore (_).
- Following characters are not allowed: “.”, “+”, “?”, “/”, “<”, ”>”,”*”,”%”,”&”,”:”,”\”
||Unique across Microsoft Azure. Names are case-insensitive.
- Maximum number of characters: 1000.
- Name can contain letters, digits, and the following characters: “-”, “_”, “,” and “.”.