Tutorial: Share your data using Azure Data Share Preview
In this tutorial, you will learn how to set up a new Azure Data Share and start sharing your data with customers and partners outside of your Azure organization.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Create a Data Share.
- Add datasets to your Data Share.
- Enable a synchronization schedule for your Data Share.
- Add recipients to your Data Share.
- Azure Subscription: If you don't have an Azure subscription, create a free account before you begin.
- An Azure Storage account: If you don't already have one, you can create an Azure Storage account
- Permission to add role assignment to the storage account, which is present in the Microsoft.Authorization/role assignments/write permission. This permission exists in the owner role.
- Your recipients Azure login e-mail address (using their e-mail alias won't work).
Sign in to the Azure portal
Sign in to the Azure portal.
Create a Data Share Account
Create an Azure Data Share resource in an Azure resource group.
Select the Create a resource button (+) in the upper-left corner of the portal.
Search for Data Share.
Select Data Share (preview) and Select Create.
Fill out the basic details of your Azure Data Share resource with the following information.
Setting Suggested value Field description Name datashareacount Specify a name for your data share account. Subscription Your subscription Select the Azure subscription that you want to use for your data share account. Resource group test-resource-group Use an existing resource group or create a new resource group. Location East US 2 Select a region for your data share account.
Select Create to provision your data share account. Provisioning a new data share account typically takes about 2 minutes or less.
When the deployment is complete, select Go to resource.
Create a Data Share
Navigate to your Data Share Overview page.
Select Start sharing your data.
To add Datasets to your Data Share, select Add Datasets.
Select the dataset type that you would like to add.
Navigate to the object you would like to share and select 'Add Datasets'.
In the Recipients tab, enter in the email addresses of your Data Consumer by selecting '+ Add Recipient'.
If you'd like your data consumer to be able to get incremental updates of your data, enable the snapshot schedule.
Select a start time and recurrence interval.
In the Review + Create tab, review your Package Contents, Settings, Recipients, and Synchronization Settings. Select Create
Your Azure Data Share has now been created and the recipient of your Data Share is now ready to accept your invitation.
In this tutorial, you learnt how to create an Azure Data Share and invite recipients. To learn about how a Data Consumer can accept and receive a data share, continue to the accept and receive data tutorial.