General - Sprint 157 Update
- Get personalized notifications with @mention support in Slack apps
- Download a list of organizations to a directory
Get personalized notifications with @mention support in Slack apps
Up to now, while using the Azure DevOps apps with Slack, customers have had to spend a considerable amount of time polling Slack channels looking for notifications requiring action. Now, the Azure Boards app for Slack, Azure Repos app for Slack and Azure Pipelines app for Slack will use @mentions in notifications to alert users.
Here are some example scenarios where users are @mentioned:
- Failed builds will @mention the creator of the build
- Release deployments waiting for approval will @mention approver
- Work items assignments will @mention the new owner
- Work item state changes will @mention the owner
- Pull requests waiting for approval will @mention the approver
- Pull requests being approved or rejected will @mention the pull request creator
Kyle gets @mentioned when a release deployment is waiting for her approval
Brian gets @mentioned when a work item is assigned to him
Alice gets @mentioned when her pull request gets approved
Download a list of organizations to a directory
You can now download the complete list of organizations backed by your Azure Active Directory tenant. This list can be retrieved from the Azure Active Directory tab in the Organization Settings of any organization associated with the directory. The download details will include the organization ID, Organization Name, Organization URL, and the Organization Owner.
These features will roll out over the next two to three weeks.
Head over to Azure DevOps and take a look.
How to provide feedback
We would love to hear what you think about these features. Use the help menu to report a problem or provide a suggestion.
You can also get advice and your questions answered by the community on Stack Overflow.