Configure Azure Marketplace image settings in Azure DevTest Labs
DevTest Labs supports creating VMs based on Azure Marketplace images depending on how you have configured Azure Marketplace images to be used in your lab. This article shows you how to specify which, if any, Azure Marketplace images can be used when creating VMs in a lab. This ensures that your team only has access to the Marketplace images they need.
Select which Azure Marketplace images are allowed when creating a VM
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Select All Services, and then select DevTest Labs from the list.
- From the list of labs, select the desired lab.
- On the lab's blade, select Configuration and policies.
- On lab's Configuration and policies blade under Virtual Machine Bases, select Marketplace images.
Specify whether you want all the qualified Azure Marketplace images to be available for use as a base of a new VM. If you select Yes, then all the Azure Marketplace images that meet all the following criteria are allowed in the lab:
- The image creates a single VM, and
- The image uses Azure Resource Manager to provision VMs, and
The image doesn't require purchasing an extra licensing plan
If you want no images to be allowed, or you want to specify which images can be used, select No.
If you select No to the previous step, the Allowed images/Select all checkbox is enabled. You can use this option together with the search box to quickly select or deselect all the items displayed in the list.
- Select the Azure Marketplace images you want to allow for VM creation individually by checking each image's corresponding checkbox.
Select nothing from the list if you don't want to allow any Azure Marketplace images to be used in the lab.
Get started with Azure DevTest Labs
New to Azure? Create a free Azure account.
Already on Azure? Get started with your first lab in DevTest Labs.
Once you have configured how Azure Marketplace images are allowed when creating a VM, the next step is to add a VM to your lab.