Deploy an Azure App Service app by using Visual Studio 2015
Since August 2018, we have not been accepting new customers or deploying any new features and services into the original Microsoft Cloud Germany locations.
Based on the evolution in customers’ needs, we recently launched two new datacenter regions in Germany, offering customer data residency, full connectivity to Microsoft’s global cloud network, as well as market competitive pricing.
Take advantage of the breadth of functionality, enterprise-grade security, and comprehensive features available in our new German datacenter regions by migrating today.
This article describes how to deploy an Azure App Service app (API app, web app, or mobile app) to Azure Germany by using Visual Studio 2015.
- See Visual Studio prerequisites to install and configure Visual Studio 2015 and the Azure SDK.
- Follow these instructions to configure Visual Studio to connect to an Azure Germany account.
Open an app project in Visual Studio
Open an existing app solution or project in Visual Studio or create a project. Then, run the app in Visual Studio to make sure it works locally.
Deploy to Azure Germany
After Visual Studio is configured to connect to your Azure Germany account (which you already did as a prerequisite), instructions to deploy an App Service app are exactly same as they are for global Azure.
- Deploy an ASP.NET web app to Azure App Service by using Visual Studio.
- For general App Service information, see App Service - API Apps documentation.
- For supplemental information and updates, subscribe to the Azure Germany blog.