Overview of the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure Migration landing zone blueprint sample
The Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure (CAF) Migration landing zone blueprint is a set of infrastructure to help you set up for migrating your first workload and manage your cloud estate in alignment with CAF.
The CAF Foundation blueprint sample extends this sample.
The CAF Migration landing zone blueprint sample deploys foundation infrastructure resources in Azure that can be used by organizations to prepare their subscription for migrating virtual machines in to. It also helps put in place the governance controls necessary to manage their cloud estate. This sample will deploy and enforce resources, policies, and templates that will allow an organization to confidently get started with Azure.
This environment is composed of several Azure services used to provide a secure, fully monitored, enterprise-ready governance. This environment is composed of:
- An Azure Key Vault instance used to host secrets used for the Certificates, Keys, and Secrets deployed in the shared services environment
- Deploy Log Analytics is deployed to ensure all actions and services log to a central location from the moment you start your migration
- Deploy Azure Security Center (standard version) provides threat protection for your migrated workloads.
- Deploy Azure Virtual Network providing an isolated network and subnets for your virtual machine.
- Deploy Azure Migrate Project for discovery and assessment. We're adding the tools for Server assessment, Server migration, Database assessment, and Database migration.
All these elements abide to the proven practices published in the Azure Architecture Center - Reference Architectures.
The CAF Migration blueprint lays out a landing zone for your workloads. You still need to perform the assessment and migration of your Virtual Machines / Databases on top of this foundational architecture.
For more information, see the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure - Migrate.
You've reviewed the overview and architecture of the CAF Migrate landing zone blueprint sample.
Additional articles about blueprints and how to use them: