Limitations in Azure Database for MariaDB
The following sections describe capacity, storage engine support, privilege support, data manipulation statement support, and functional limits in the database service.
The maximum number of connections per pricing tier and vCores are as follows:
|Pricing Tier||vCore(s)||Max Connections|
When connections exceed the limit, you may receive the following error:
ERROR 1040 (08004): Too many connections
Storage engine support
- DBA role: Many server parameters and settings can inadvertently degrade server performance or negate ACID properties of the DBMS. As such, to maintain the service integrity and SLA at a product level, this service does not expose the DBA role. The default user account, which is constructed when a new database instance is created, allows that user to perform most of DDL and DML statements in the managed database instance.
- SUPER privilege: Similarly SUPER privilege is also restricted.
Requires super privileges to create and is restricted. If importing data using a backup, remove the
CREATE DEFINERcommands manually or by using the
--skip-definercommand when performing a mysqldump.
Data manipulation statement support
LOAD DATA INFILEis supported, but the
[LOCAL]parameter must be specified and directed to a UNC path (Azure storage mounted through SMB).
SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE
- Dynamic scaling to and from the Basic pricing tiers is currently not supported.
- Decreasing server storage size is not supported.
Server version upgrades
- Automated migration between major database engine versions is currently not supported.
- When using the PITR feature, the new server is created with the same configurations as the server it is based on.
- Restoring a deleted server is not supported.
- Dynamically moving pre-created servers across subscription and resource group is currently not supported.
VNet service endpoints
- Support for VNet service endpoints is only for General Purpose and Memory Optimized servers.
- Please refer to pricing tiers for the storage size limits per pricing tier.
Current known issues
- MariaDB server instance displays the incorrect server version after connection is established. To get the correct server instance engine version, use the