Consulting service offers
This article explains the eligibility criteria and requirements for publishing new consulting service offers to the commercial marketplace. Consulting service offers give Microsoft system-integrator partners the benefit of connecting their customers with services that support and extend their use of Azure. These consulting services help customers assess, evaluate, and deploy the business solutions that further their business objectives and goals.
Consulting service offers are customer-specific engagements. Publishers have the option to determine the listing type, scope, duration, and pricing structure (fixed-price or free). Offers have a defined agenda for deliverables to the customer. Leads are received through a notification in partners' CRM systems, and partners aim to respond to customers within 48 hours.
Compare consulting services
The commercial marketplace storefronts, Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace, are aligned with audiences and cloud products to help customers find what they need. Each storefront has specialized publishing options to help you maximize your publishing investment. To learn more about the difference between the two storefronts, see Comparing Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace.
Consulting services offers that are based on Dynamics 365, Power Apps, and Power BI are eligible to be listed on AppSource. For more information, download the Microsoft AppSource consulting services listing guidelines PDF file.
Consulting services and managed services offers that are based on Microsoft Azure are eligible to be listed on Azure Marketplace. For more information, see Publish an Azure consulting service offer and Publish a managed services offer to Azure Marketplace.
Consulting services in Azure Marketplace should focus on offers for a technical audience and emphasize Azure technical solutions and services.
Consulting services in AppSource should focus on offers for users with expertise in delivering quality solutions for Dynamics 365, Power BI, or Power Apps.
To publish to the Azure Marketplace storefront, in the Partner Center Primary Product drop-down list, select Azure.
To publish to AppSource, in the Partner Center Primary Product drop-down list, select Dynamics 365, Power BI, or Power Apps.
Eligible partners and supported countries/regions
Partners are required to have a Gold or Silver competency in the relevant area for their service.
For Azure Marketplace, the eligible competencies are listed in the following table:
|Cloud Platform and Infrastructure||Cloud Platform, Data Center|
|Application Development and ISV||Application Development, Application Integration, DevOps|
|Data Management and Analytics||Data Analytics, Data Platform|
For AppSource, the eligible competencies are listed in the following table:
|Primary product||Eligibility requirement|
|Dynamics 365 Sales
Dynamics 365 Marketing
Dynamics 365 Customer Service
Dynamics 365 Field Service
Dynamics 365 Human Resources
|Must be Gold or Silver certified in the Cloud Business Applications competency for the Customer Engagement option.|
|Dynamics 365 Finance
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
Dynamics 365 Commerce
Dynamics 365 Human Resources
Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation
|Must be Gold or Silver certified in the Cloud Business Applications competency for the Unified Operations option.|
|Dynamics 365 Customer Insights||Must have at least one successful in-production implementation of Dynamics 365 Customer Insights, with at least five measures and five segments.|
|Dynamics 365 Business Central||Must be Gold or Silver certified in the Enterprise Resource Planning competency, and must be the Cloud Solution Provider for at least three Business Central customers.
Must have published a Business Central application in AppSource.
|Power BI||Must be listed on the Power BI partner showcase.|
|Power Apps||Must be eligible for Advanced Benefits in the Power Apps Partnership Program (PDF).|
Additional resources and support:
- Microsoft cloud enablement desk: Complete the partner nomination form for the cloud enablement desk guided experience to connect to a cloud program specialist who can articulate Microsoft Partner Network benefits and serve as guide to competency attainment.
- Become a Power BI partner: Submit a request to get listed on Power BI showcase.
For more information about competencies, go to the Microsoft Partner Network Competencies page.
System-integrator partners can submit consulting-service offers for the following 20 countries/regions:
|New Zealand||Norway||Poland||South Africa|
|Sweden||Switzerland||United States||United Kingdom|
Register for consulting services in the commercial marketplace
Prepare your publishing artifacts
Before you register, you can start collecting and preparing the content that will help your listing articulate the value of your service and solution to your target customer.
|Setup for new publishers|
|Company logos (48 x 48, 216 x 216 pixels)|
|Setup for new offers|
|Offer name (200 characters) and description (2,000 characters)|
|Duration of engagement|
|Applicable industries, categories, and search keywords|
|Product overview video|
|Screenshots (maximum of 5, 1280 x 720 pixels)|
|Marketing documents (maximum of 3)|
The publishing process
Listing your consulting-service offer on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace involves the following stages:
- Listing – Start drafting a new offer listing by signing in to your Partner Center account. In the drop-down list, select New Offer, and then select Consulting Services. Enter your listing artifact and publish.
- Validation – Your request is reviewed to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. We then send you instructions for listing your consulting services offer.
- Submit – Provide the required information that's listed in the instructions. All content and supporting material must be submitted in English.
- Review – Our marketing and editorial team reviews your submission and optimizes it for readability, grammar, and effectiveness.
- Staging – Your submission is staged for your review.
- Publishing – When you and Microsoft are satisfied with the staged content, your listing is ready to go live on the marketplace. The go-live date for your listing depends on the country/region that's specified in your offer. If the catalog for your selected country/region is already live on Azure Marketplace or AppSource, your listing appears within a few hours. Otherwise, the listing appears as soon as the catalog goes live.
Offers must be of least one of the following five service types:
- Assessment – An evaluation of a customer's environment to determine the applicability of a solution and provide an estimate of cost and timing.
- Briefing – An introduction to a solution or a consulting service to draw customer interest by using frameworks, demos, and customer examples.
- Implementation – A complete installation that results in a fully working solution. We recommend limiting it to solutions that can be implemented in two weeks or less.
- Proof of concept – A limited-scope implementation to determine whether a solution meets customer requirements.
- Workshop – An interactive engagement that's conducted on a customer's premises. It can involve training, briefings, assessments, or demos that are built on the customer's data or environment.
The Briefing service type must be provided in person. You can provide the other four consulting services in either of two ways:
- In person – Onsite at a customer's location or a partner's facility.
- Virtually – Via teleconferencing, web conferencing, or remote implementation.
After you've configured the previously listed required elements, the content review team will validate that your offer description is informative and complete for your target audience.
The listing title
The title field has a 50-character limit and must transmit the duration and service type of the offer to maximize search engine optimization (SEO). The required format is Name: Duration type.
|Sample title||Correct format|
|Getting Started with Azure IoT in Manufacturing||Manufacturing IoT: 2-Day Assessment|
|Workshop on Smart Toasters||Smart Toasters: 1-Wk Workshop|
|SQL Server Migration PoC||SQL Migration: 3-Wk Proof of Concept|
The listing summary and description
After the content review team reviews your offer descriptions and offer summaries, they'll apply the following criteria:
|Assessment||Include a detailed agenda for multi-day or multi-week assessments, and articulate what deliverable the customer can expect.||Optimize your offer summary with your top SEO keywords.|
|Briefing||Articulate what deliverable the customer can expect. Remember, Briefing must be provided in person. If you're providing a virtual service, choose a different offer type.||Optimize your offer summary with your top SEO keywords.|
|Implementation||Include a detailed agenda for multi-day or multi-week implementations, and articulate what engineering changes, technical artifacts, or other artifacts a customer can expect as outcomes of the engagement.||Optimize your offer summary with your top SEO keywords.|
|Proof of concept||Articulate what engineering changes, technical artifacts, or other artifacts a customer can expect as outcomes of the engagement.||Optimize your offer summary with your top SEO keywords.|
|Workshop||Include a detailed agenda daily, weekly, or monthly, depending on the duration of your offer. Articulate the learning goals or other deliverables of your workshop.||Optimize your offer summary with your top SEO keywords.|
Within Partner Center, you can add formatting to your listing by using Markdown, a lightweight design language that helps add polish to your listing.
Here are some Markdown tips:
- For italic formatting, add an asterisk (*), without a space, at the beginning and end of a word or series of words (for example, type *content* to format a word as content). Format your Offer Summary in italic.
- Insert a line break after a colon (:) to introduce a bulleted or numbered list.
- To create a bulleted list, type an asterisk (*), followed by a space, for each bulleted item (for example, *[space]First word of content).
- To create headings, type one or more pound signs (#), followed by a space (for example, ###[space]Agenda/Deliverables).
- Add a line break after each heading.
- For bold formatting, add a double asterisk (**), without a space, at the beginning and end of a word or series of words (for example, type **content** to format a word as content).
If you haven't already done so, learn how to Grow your cloud business with Azure Marketplace.
To register for and start working in Partner Center: