How to get featured in Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace
Azure Marketplace and AppSource have featured apps sections, where you can get your app featured:
- First, if you have a CONSULTING or TRANSACTION offer, you may be eligible for the Commercial marketplace featured category placement benefit through commercial marketplace benefits. Once eligible, your commercial marketplace listing will automatically be featured in one of the categories found on the left-hand side of your listing. The category and timing of your featured placement will be based on availability. In order to make your marketplace listing even more robust, check out this video on Best practices for optimizing your listing (microsoft.com).
- Second, review the list of best practices and criteria below to earn a spot.
The featured apps selection algorithm generates a score to an app by Microsoft, just like a person's credit score in the US. The weekly selection of featured apps will be based on a calculation of app and service performance.
Steps to improve your score
You can take the following action items to improve your score:
- Ensure that your app or service is appropriately categorized: choose three categories that represent your app or service's capabilities.
- Azure Marketplace Apps: grow your Azure consumption month-over-month. If you are able to achieve 1,000 hours of Azure usage a month, you will greatly increase your chances of being featured.
- AppSource Apps: increase the acquisitions coming to your offer. If you are able to achieve 10 acquisitions per month, you will greatly increase your chances of being featured.
- Achieve co-sell ready status: complete the requirements for co-sell ready.
- Improve the quality of your offer: see content listing guidelines for information on how to modify your offer
- Publish multiple offers in Marketplace: are all your core apps and services listed? Do you have a trial experience?
- Encourage your customers to write reviews.
Featured Apps promotions operate separately from the search algorithm.
If your solution is not appearing correctly in search results, file a support ticket in Partner Center.
Your GTM support also includes a full library of self-help templates, web content, training, and tools to help you further promote your listings and your business.
Learn more about your commercial marketplace benefits.