Ratings and Reviews dashboard in commercial marketplace analytics
This article provides information on the Ratings and Reviews dashboard in Partner Center. This dashboard displays a consolidated view of customer feedback for offers on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace. As customers browse, search, and purchase offers in both marketplaces, they can leave ratings and reviews for the offers they've acquired.
- Customers can submit a new rating or review and update or delete an existing rating or review they have submitted. Customers can make changes only to the ratings and reviews they own.
- Reviews are posted on the Reviews tab on the product display page of the offer in Azure Marketplace or AppSource. Customers can include their name or post anonymously.
For detailed definitions of analytics terminology, see Frequently asked questions and terminology for commercial marketplace analytics.
Access the dashboard
The dashboard displays a graphical representation of the following customer activity:
- Review comments
Use the Marketplace Insights tabs to view your offer Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace metrics separately. To view specific offer metrics, select the offer from the offer dropdown list.
Ratings and reviews summary
The summary section displays the following metrics for a selected date range:
- Average rating: Weighted average star rating of all the ratings submitted by customers for the selected offer.
- Rating breakdown: Breakdown of star rating by the count of customers who submitted ratings. The bar chart is stacked with actual and revised ratings (updated rating count).
- Total ratings: Overall count of ratings submitted. This count also includes ratings with and without reviews.
- Ratings with reviews: Count of reviews submitted.
Reviews are displayed in chronological order for when they were posted. The default view displays all reviews and you can filter through the reviews by star rating using the rating filter in the dropdown menu. Additionally, you can search by keywords that appear in the review.
Responding to a review
You can respond to reviews from users and the response will be visible on either Azure Marketplace or AppSource storefronts. This functionality applies to the following offer types: Azure Application, Azure Container, Azure virtual machine, Dynamics 365 Business Central, Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement & Power Apps, Dynamics 365 Operations, IoT Edge Module, Managed service, Power BI app, and Software as a Service. To respond to a review, follow these steps:
- Select Ratings & reviews from the left-menu, then either the AppSource or Azure Marketplace tab. Select filters to narrow the list of reviews, for example, to show only reviews with a specific star rating.
The response will appear under the text of the original review in the product detail page in AppSource, and Azure Marketplace online storefront.
Azure Marketplace online store
Editing or deleting a response to a review
You can edit or delete a response to a review by selecting Edit or Delete.
Contacting users after a review has been posted
When posting a review, a user can give consent to be contacted by the publisher. When a user has given consent, a notification will appear at the top of the review in Partner Center, and the email address of the user who posted the review will be visible.
- For graphs, trends, and values of aggregate data that summarize marketplace activity for your offer, see Summary Dashboard in commercial marketplace analytics.
- For information about your orders in a graphical and downloadable format, see Orders Dashboard in commercial marketplace analytics.
- For Virtual Machine (VM) offers usage and metered billing metrics, see Usage Dashboard in commercial marketplace analytics.
- For detailed information about your customers, including growth trends, see Customer Dashboard in commercial marketplace analytics.
- For a list of your download requests over the last 30 days, see Downloads Dashboard in commercial marketplace analytics.