What is Elastic integration with Azure?
This article describes the Elastic software as a service (SaaS) application that is available through the Azure Marketplace. The offering enables deeper integration of the Elastic service with Azure.
Elastic's Cloud-Native Observability Platform centralizes log, metric, and tracing analytics in one place. You can more easily monitor the health and performance of your Azure environment. This information helps you troubleshoot your services more quickly.
With the Elastic offering, you can manage the solution through the Azure portal. You implement Elastic as a monitoring solution for your cloud workloads through a streamlined workflow.
You can now provision the Elastic resources through a resource provider named Microsoft.Elastic. You create, provision, and manage Elastic resources through the Azure portal. Elastic owns and runs the SaaS application including the Elastic accounts created.
The Elastic service on Azure only stores and processes customer data in the region where the service was deployed. No data is stored outside of that region.
Here are the key capabilities provided by the Elastic integration with Azure:
- Simplified onboarding - Use Elastic SaaS software as an integrated service on Azure.
- Unified billing - Manage costs for Elastic through Azure monthly bill.
- Single-Sign on to Elastic - No separate sign-up needed from Elastic portal.
- Log forwarder - Forward subscription activity and resource logs to Elastic.
- Management experience - Provides a single location for monitoring how shipping logs for Azure services are sent to Elastic.
- Elastic Agent Deployment - Set up Elastic agents on virtual machine hosts through a single step.
For more help with using the Elastic service, see the Elastic documentation for Azure integration.
To create an instance of Elastic, see QuickStart: Get started with Elastic.
Submit and view feedback for