Limitations in Azure Database for PostgreSQL
The following sections describe capacity and functional limits in the database service.
The maximum number of connections per pricing tier and vCores are as follows:
|Pricing Tier||vCore(s)||Max Connections|
When connections exceed the limit, you may receive the following error:
FATAL: sorry, too many clients already
The Azure system requires five connections to monitor the Azure Database for PostgreSQL server.
- Dynamic scaling to and from the Basic pricing tiers is currently not supported.
- Decreasing server storage size is currently not supported.
Server version upgrades
- Automated migration between major database engine versions is currently not supported.
- Dynamically moving servers across subscriptions and resource groups is currently not supported.
VNet service endpoints
- Support for VNet service endpoints is only for General Purpose and Memory Optimized servers.
- When using the PITR feature, the new server is created with the same configurations as the server it is based on.
- Restoring a deleted server is not supported.