How to bulk edit assets to annotate classifications, glossary terms and modify contacts
This article describes how to tag multiple glossary terms, classifications, owners and experts to a list of selected assets in a single action.
Add Assets to View selected list using search
Search on the data asset you want to add to the list for bulk editing.
In the search result page, hover on the asset you want to add to the bulk edit View selected list to see a checkbox.
Select the checkbox to add it to the bulk edit View selected list. Once added, you will see the selected items icon at the bottom of the page.
Repeat the above steps to add all the data assets to the list.
Add Assets to View selected list from asset detail page
In the asset detail page, select the checkbox at the top right corner to add the asset to the bulk edit View selected list.
Bulk edit assets in the View selected list to add, replace, or remove glossary terms.
- One you are done with the identification of all the data assets which needs to be bulk-edited, Select View selected list from search results page or asset details page.
- Review the list and select Remove if you want to remove any terms.
Select bulk edit to add, remove or replace glossary terms for all the selected assets.
To add glossary terms, select Operation as Add. Select all the glossary terms you want to add in the New value. Select Apply when complete.
- Add operation will append New value to the list of glossary terms already tagged to data assets.
To replace glossary terms select Operation as Replace with. Select all the glossary terms you want to replace in the New value. Select Apply when complete.
- Replace operation will replace all the glossary terms for selected data assets with the terms selected in New value.
To remove glossary terms select Operation as Remove. Select Apply when complete.
- Remove operation will remove all the glossary terms for selected data assets.
Repeat the above for classifications, owners and experts.
Once complete close the bulk edit blade by selecting Close or Remove all and close. Close will not remove the selected assets whereas remove all and close will remove all the selected assets.
The recommended number of assets for bulk edit are 25. Selecting more than 25 might cause performance issues. The View Selected box will be visible only if there is at least one asset selected.
Follow the Tutorial: Create and import glossary terms to learn more.