Azure Security Center Readiness Roadmap
This document provides you a readiness roadmap that will assist you to get started with Azure Security Center.
Understanding Security Center
Azure Security Center provides unified security management and advanced threat protection for workloads running in Azure, on-premises, and in other clouds.
Use the following resources to get started with Security Center.
- Quick Introduction Video
- Overview of Security Center Prevention, Detection and Response Capabilities
Planning and operations
To take full advantage of Security Center, it is important to understand how different individuals or teams in your organization use the service to meet secure operations, monitoring, governance, and incident response needs.
Use the following resources to assist you during the planning and operations processes.
Onboarding computers to Security Center
Security Center automatically detects any Azure subscriptions or workspaces not enabled for Security Center Standard. This includes Azure subscriptions using Security Center Free and workspaces that do not have the Security solution enabled.
Use the following resources to assist you during the onboarding processes.
Mitigating security issues using Security Center
Security Center automatically collects, analyzes, and integrates log data from your Azure resources, the network, and connected partner solutions, like firewall and endpoint protection solutions, to detect real threats and reduce false positives.
Use the following resources to assist you to manage security alerts and protect your resources.
- Security health monitoring in Azure Security Center
- Protecting your virtual machines in Azure Security Center
- Protecting your network in Azure Security Center
- Protecting your applications in Azure Security Center
- Protecting Azure SQL service and data in Azure Security Center
Security Center for incident response
To reduce costs and damage, it’s important to have an incident response plan in place before an attack takes place. You can use Azure Security Center in different stages of an incident response.
Use the following resources to understand how Security Center can be incorporated in your incident response process.
- Azure Security Center in Incident Response
- Respond quickly to threats with next-generation security operation, and investigation
Advanced cloud defense
Azure VMs can take advantage of advanced cloud defense capabilities in Security Center. These capabilities include just in time virtual machine (VM) access, and adaptive application controls.
Use the following resources to learn how to use these capabilities in Security Center.
- Azure Security Center – Just-in-Time VM Access
- Azure Security Center - Adaptive Application Controls
- Manage virtual machine access using just in time
- Adaptive Application Controls in Azure Security Center
- Security Center hands-on lab
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) recommendation playbook in Security Center
- Azure Security Center Playbook: Security Alerts
- Security Center Documentation Page
- Security Center REST API Documentation Page
- Azure Security Center frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Security Center Pricing Page
- Identity security best practices
- Network security best practices
- PaaS recommendations
- OMS customers can now use Azure Security Center to protect their hybrid cloud workloads