Update OS version in Azure Security Center
For virtual machines (VMs) in cloud services, Azure Security Center will recommend that the operating system (OS) be updated if there is a more recent version available. Only cloud services web and worker roles running in production slots are monitored.
This document introduces the service by using an example deployment. This is not a step-by-step guide.
Implement the recommendation
- In the Recommendations blade, select Update OS version.
- This opens the blade Update OS version. Follow the steps in this blade to update the OS version.
This article showed you how to implement the Security Center recommendation "Update OS version." To learn more about cloud services and updating the OS version for a cloud service, see:
To learn more about Security Center, see the following:
- Setting security policies in Azure Security Center -- Learn how to configure security policies for your Azure subscriptions and resource groups.
- Managing security recommendations in Azure Security Center -- Learn how recommendations help you protect your Azure resources.
- Security health monitoring in Azure Security Center -- Learn how to monitor the health of your Azure resources.
- Managing and responding to security alerts in Azure Security Center -- Learn how to manage and respond to security alerts.
- Monitoring partner solutions with Azure Security Center -- Learn how to monitor the health status of your partner solutions.
- Azure Security Center FAQ -- Find frequently asked questions about using the service.
- Azure Security blog -- Get the latest Azure security news and information.
Send feedback about: