Connect your VMware Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint Standard to Azure Sentinel with Azure Function
The VMware Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint Standard connector allows you to easily connect all your VMware Carbon Black Endpoint Standard security solution logs with Azure Sentinel, to view dashboards, create custom alerts, and improve investigation. Integration between VMware Carbon Black and Azure Sentinel makes use of Azure Functions to pull log data using REST API.
Data will be stored in the geographic location of the workspace on which you are running Azure Sentinel.
Configure and connect VMware Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint Standard
Azure Functions can integrate and pull events and logs directly from VMware Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint Standard, and forward them to Azure Sentinel.
- In the Azure Sentinel portal, click Data connectors and select VMware Carbon Black connector.
- Select Open connector page.
- Follow the instructions on the VMware Carbon Black page.
Find your data
After a successful connection is established, the data appears in Log Analytics under the CarbonBlackAuditLogs_CL, CarbonBlackNotifications_CL and CarbonBlackEvents_CL tables.
It may take upwards of 20 minutes until your logs start to appear in Log Analytics.
In this document, you learned how to connect VMware Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint Standard to Azure Sentinel using Azure Function Apps. To learn more about Azure Sentinel, see the following articles:
- Learn how to get visibility into your data, and potential threats.
- Get started detecting threats with Azure Sentinel.
- Use workbooks to monitor your data.