Create a Relay namespace using the Azure portal
A namespace is a common container for all your Azure Relay components. Multiple relays can reside in a single namespace, and namespaces often serve as application containers. There are currently two different ways to create a relay namespace.
- Azure portal (this article)
- Azure Resource Manager templates
Create a namespace in the Azure portal
- Log on to the Azure portal.
- In the left navigation pane of the portal, click New, then click Enterprise Integration, and then click Relay.
- In the Create namespace dialog, enter a namespace name. The system immediately checks to see if the name is available.
- In the Subscription field, choose an Azure subscription in which to create the namespace.
- In the Resource group field, choose an existing resource group in which the namespace will live, or create a new one.
In Location, choose the country or region in which your namespace should be hosted.
- Click Create. The system now creates your namespace and enables it. After a few minutes, the system provisions resources for your account.
Obtain the management credentials
- In the list of namespaces, click the newly created namespace name.
- In the namespace blade, click Shared access policies.
In the Shared access policies blade, click RootManageSharedAccessKey.
In the Policy: RootManageSharedAccessKey blade, click the copy button next to Connection string–primary key, to copy the connection string to your clipboard for later use. Paste this value into Notepad or some other temporary location.
Repeat the previous step, copying and pasting the value of Primary key to a temporary location for later use.
Congratulations! You have now created a relay namespace.