Create a Relay namespace using the Azure portal
A namespace is a scoping container for all your Azure Relay components. Multiple relays can reside in a single namespace, and namespaces often serve as application containers. There are currently two different ways to create a relay namespace:
- Azure portal (this article).
- Azure Resource Manager templates.
Create a namespace in the Azure portal
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- In the left menu, select + Create a resource. Then, select Enterprise Integration > Relay.
- Under Create namespace, enter a namespace name. The system immediately checks to see if the name is available.
- In the Subscription box, select an Azure subscription in which to create the namespace.
- In the Resource group box, select an existing resource group in which to place the namespace, or create a new one.
In Location, select the country or region in which your namespace should be hosted.
- Select Create. The system creates your namespace and enables it. After a few minutes, the system provisions resources for your account.
Get management credentials
- Select All resources, and then select the newly created namespace name.
- Under the Relay namespace, select Shared access policies.
Under Shared access policies, select RootManageSharedAccessKey.
Under Policy: RootManageSharedAccessKey, select the Copy button next to Connection string–Primary key. This copies the connection string to your clipboard for later use. Paste this value into Notepad or some other temporary location.
Repeat the preceding step to copy and paste the value of Primary key to a temporary location for later use.
Congratulations! You have now created a relay namespace.