How to use a single database in Azure SQL Database
In this section you can find various guides, scripts, and explanations that can help you to manage and configure your single database in Azure SQL Database
- Migrate to SQL Database – Learn about the recommended migration process and tools for migration to a managed instance.
- Learn how to manage SQL database after migration.
- Configure transactional replication to replicate your date between databases.
- Configure threat detection to let Azure SQL Database identify suspicious activities such as SQL Injection or access from suspicious locations.
- Configure dynamic data masking to protect your sensitive data.
- Configure backup retention for a database to keep your backups on Azure Blob Storage. As an alternative there is Configure backup retention using Azure vault (deprecated) approach.
- Configure geo-replication to keep a replica of your database in another region.
- Configure security for geo-replicas.
Monitor and tune your database
- Enable automatic tuning to let Azure SQL Database optimize performance of your workload.
- Enable e-mail notifications for automatic tuning to get information about tuning recommendations.
- Apply performance recommendations and optimize your database.
- Create alerts to get notifications from Azure SQL Database.
- Troubleshoot connectivity if you notice some connectivity issues between the applications and the database. You can also use Resource Health for connectivity issues.
- Manage file space to monitor storage usage in your database.
Query distributed data
- Query vertically partitioned data across multiple databases.
- Report across scaled-out data tier.
- Query across tables with different schemas.
Elastic Database Jobs
- Create and manage Elastic Database Jobs using PowerShell.
- Create and manage Elastic Database Jobs using Transact-SQL.
- Migrate from old Elastic job.
- Upgrade elastic database client library.
- Create sharded app.
- Query horizontally sharded data.
- Run Multi-shard queries.
- Move sharded data.
- Configure security in database shards.
- Add a shard to the current set of database shards.
- Fix shard map problems.
- Migrate sharded DB.
- Create counters.
- Use entity framework to query sharded data.
- Use Dapper framework to query sharded data.
- Learn more about How-to guides for managed instance