Azure SQL Database: Monitoring and tuning
Azure SQL Database enables you to easily monitor and tune your database workload.
Query Performance Insights
Easily monitor resource usage in your Azure SQL database (single or pooled database) by using built-in monitoring capabilities in the Azure portal.
Azure SQL Analytics
Azure SQL Analytics monitoring enables you to easily monitor a large fleet of databases, elastic pools, and instances in a single pane of glass.
Automatic tuning automatically recommends and fixes query plan issues, and creates and drops indexes, to improve performance.
Intelligent Performance Insight
Built-in intelligence in Azure SQL Database detects disruptive events that cause poor performance in your databases and provides mitigation recommendations when possible.
Azure SQL Database provides recommendations that can help you optimize your database in the Azure portal.
Metrics and logging
Stream your database diagnostics telemetry to Azure SQL Analytics, Azure Event Hubs, or Azure Blob storage for custom integrations.
Learn about additional features that can help you optimize the performance of your database.
- Learn more about monitoring and tuning in Azure SQL Database.
- Learn how intelligent query processing can improve the performance of your database.
- Set up and operate Query Store, the core SQL Server technology that enables you to get real-time insights into query performance.
- Learn how to use Dynamic Management Views to analyze the performance of your workload.
- Learn how to monitor database activities with XEvents.
- Learn how to manually tune your database.