Manage Azure Time Series Insights Gen2
After you've created your Azure Time Series Insights Gen2 environment by using the Azure CLI or the Azure portal, you can modify your access policies and other environment attributes to suit your business needs.
Manage the environment
You can manage your Azure Time Series Insights Gen2 environment by using the Azure portal. There a few key differences between a Gen2 environment and Gen1 S1 or Gen1 S2 environments to bear in mind when you manage your environment through the Azure portal:
The Azure portal Gen2 Overview pane has the following changes:
- Capacity is removed because it doesn't apply to Gen2 environments.
- The Time series ID property is added. It determines how your data is partitioned.
- Reference data sets are removed.
- The displayed URL directs you to the Azure Time Series Insights Explorer.
- Your Azure Storage account name is listed.
The Azure portal's Configure pane is removed because scale units don't apply to Azure Time Series Insights Gen2 environments. However, you can use Storage Configuration to configure the newly introduced warm store.
The Azure portal's Reference data pane is removed in Azure Time Series Insights Gen2 because reference data concept has been replaced by Time Series Model (TSM).