Connect with the iOS client
Applies to: iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
The iOS client is currently still in preview.
You can access Windows Virtual Desktop resources from your iOS device with our downloadable client. This guide will tell you how to set up the iOS client.
Install the iOS Beta client
To install the iOS Beta client:
- Install the Apple TestFlight app on your iOS device.
- On your iOS device, open a browser and navigate to aka.ms/rdiosbeta.
- Under the label Step 2: Join the Beta, select Start Testing.
- When you're redirected to the TestFlight app, select Accept, then select Install.
Subscribe to a feed
Subscribe to the feed provided by your admin to get the list of managed resources you can access on your iOS device.
To subscribe to a feed:
- In the Connection Center, tap +, and then tap Add Workspace.
- Enter the feed URL into the Feed URL field. The feed URL can be either a URL or an email address.
- If you use a URL, use the one your admin gave you. Normally, the URL is https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com.
- To use email, enter your email address. This tells the client to search for a URL associated with your email address if your admin configured the server that way.
- Tap Next.
- Provide your credentials when prompted.
- For User name, give the user name with permission to access resources.
- For Password, give the password associated with the user name.
- You may also be prompted to provide additional factors if your admin configured authentication that way.
- Tap Save.
After this, the Connection Center should display the remote resources.
Once subscribed to a feed, the feed's content will update automatically on a regular basis. Resources may be added, changed, or removed based on changes made by your administrator.
To learn more about how to use the iOS Beta client, check out the Get started with the iOS client documentation.