Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple
Welcome to the one-stop portal for help with Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple. In the documentation site you can learn about the following topics:
Learn more about Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple
- Learn about the features, benefits, and usage scenarios at What is Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple
- Review the key concepts for administration
Learn how to get started with the solution
- Understand how to initialize the service and purchase capacity
- Learn how to create a new VMware environment at Configure a Private Cloud Environment
- Learn how to unify management across VMware and Azure by reviewing the article Consume VMware VMs on Azure
Learn about the following concepts
- A CloudSimple Service (also known as "Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple - Service"). This resource must be created once per region.
- Purchase capacity for your environment by creating one or more CloudSimple Node resources. These resources are also referred to as "Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple - Node".
- Initialize and configure your VMware environment using the Private Clouds.
- Unify management using CloudSimple Virtual Machines (also known as "Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple - Virtual machine").
- Design the underlay network using VLANs/subnets.
- Segment and secure your underlay network using the Firewall Table resource.
- Get secure access to your VMware environments over the WAN using VPN Gateways.
- Enable public access for workloads using Public IP.
- Establish connectivity to Azure Virtual Networks and On-premises networks using Azure Network Connection.
- Configure alert email targets using Account Management.
- View logs of user and system activity using Activity Management screens.
- Understand the various VMware components.
Learn how to perform common tasks, such as:
- Create a CloudSimple Service, once per region where you want to deploy VMware environments.
- Manage core service functionality in the CloudSimple portal.
- Enable capacity and optimize billing for your infrastructure by Purchasing CloudSimple nodes.
- Manage VMware environment configurations using Private Clouds. You can create, manage, expand, or shrink Private Clouds.
- Enable unified management by mapping Azure Subscriptions.
- Monitor user and system activity using the Activity pages.
- Configure networking for your environments by creating and managing subnets.
- Segment and secure your environment using Firewall tables and rules.
- Enable inbound internet access for workloads by Allocating Public IPs.
- Enable connectivity from your internal networks or client workstations by setting-up VPN.
- Enable communications from your on-premises environments as well to Azure Virtual networks.
- Configure alert targets and view total purchased capacity in the account summary
- View users that have accessed the CloudSimple portal.
- Manage VMware virtual machines from the Azure portal:
These guides describe solutions to goals such as:
- Securing your environment
- Install third-party tools, enable additional users and external authentication source in vSphere using privilege escalation.
- Configure access to various VMware services by configuring on-premises DNS.
- Enable name and address allocation for your workloads by configuring workload DNS and DHCP.
- Understand how the service ensures security and functionality in your platform through service updates and upgrades.
- Save TCO on backup by creating a sample backup architecture with a third-party backup software such as Veeam.
- Create a secure environment by enabling encryption at rest with a third-party KMS encryption software.
- Extend Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) management into VMware by configuring the Azure AD identity source.