CloudSimple nodes overview
Nodes are the building blocks of a Private Cloud. A node is:
- A dedicated bare metal compute host where a VMware ESXi hypervisor is installed
- A unit of computing you can provision or reserve to create Private Clouds
- Available to provision or reserve in a region where the CloudSimple service is available
You create a Private Cloud from the provisioned nodes. To create a Private Cloud, you need a minimum of three nodes of the same SKU. To expand a Private Cloud, add additional nodes. You can add nodes to an existing cluster or create a new cluster by provisioning nodes in the Azure portal and associating them with the CloudSimple service. All provisioned nodes are visible under the CloudSimple service.
Provisioned nodes provide pay-as-you-go capacity. Provisioning nodes helps you quickly scale your VMware cluster on demand. You can add nodes as needed or delete a provisioned node to scale down your VMware cluster. Provisioned nodes are billed on a monthly basis and charged to the subscription where they're provisioned.
- If you pay for your Azure subscription by credit card, the card is billed immediately.
- If you're billed by invoice, the charges appear on your next invoice.
VMware Solution by CloudSimple nodes SKU
The following types of nodes are available for provisioning or reservation.
|SKU||CS28 - Node||CS36 - Node||CS36m - Node|
|Region||East US, West US||East US, West US||West Europe|
|CPU||2x2.2 GHz, 28 Cores (56 HT)||2x2.3 GHz, 36 Cores (72 HT)||2x2.3 GHz, 36 Cores (72 HT)|
|RAM||256 GB||512 GB||576 GB|
|Cache Disk||1.6-TB NVMe||3.2-TB NVMe||3.2-TB NVMe|
|Capacity Disk||5.625 TB Raw||11.25 TB Raw||15.36 TB Raw|
|Storage Type||All Flash||All Flash||All Flash|
The following node limits apply to Private Clouds.
|Minimum number of nodes to create a Private Cloud||3|
|Maximum number of nodes in a cluster on a Private Cloud||16|
|Maximum number of nodes in a Private Cloud||64|
|Minimum number of nodes on a new cluster||3|