CloudSimple nodes overview
A node is:
- A dedicated bare metal compute host where VMware ESXi hypervisor is installed
- A unit of computing you can provision or reserve to create private clouds
- Available to provision or reserve in a region where the CloudSimple service is available
Nodes are building blocks of a private cloud. To create a private cloud, you need a minimum of three nodes of the same SKU. To expand a private cloud, add additional nodes. You can add nodes to an existing cluster. Or, you can create a new cluster by provisioning nodes in the Azure portal, and associating them with the CloudSimple service. All nodes provisioned are visible under the CloudSimple service. You create a private cloud from the provisioned nodes on CloudSimple Portal.
Provisioned nodes provide pay-as-you-go capacity. Provisioning nodes helps you quickly scale your VMware cluster on demand. You can add nodes as needed, or delete a provisioned node to scale down your VMware cluster. provisioned nodes are billed on a monthly basis, and charged to the subscription where they're provisioned:
- If you pay for your Azure subscription by credit card, the card is billed immediately.
- If you're billed by invoice, the charges appear on your next invoice.
VMware Solution by CloudSimple nodes SKU
The following types nodes are available for provisioning or reservation.
|SKU||CS28 - Node||CS36 - Node|
|CPU||2x2.2 GHz, 28 Cores (56 HT)||2x2.3 GHz, 36 Cores (72 HT)|
|RAM||256 GB||512 GB|
|Cache Disk||1.6-TB NVMe||3.2-TB NVMe|
|Capacity Disk||5.625 TB Raw||11.25 TB Raw|
|Storage Type||All Flash||All Flash|
The following node limits apply to private clouds.
|Minimum number of nodes to create a private cloud||3|
|Maximum number of nodes in a Cluster on a private cloud||16|
|Maximum number of nodes in a private cloud||64|
|Minimum number of nodes on a new Cluster||3|