For information about changes that were included with each release, see the following sections.
October 4, 2018
This is the Beta release of Scripts. For information about participating in the program, please contact your account manager. The Scripts classes and documentation are subject to change.
Added the following objects to support URL fetch.
Added the UrlFetchApp object, which is the top-level object that you use to fetch resources from the web.
Added the HTTPResponse, which contains the methods for accessing the contents of the fetched resource.
Added the UrlFetch limits topic, which lists limits for fetching resources from the web.
Add the following topics:
Octoboer 2, 2018
Added the following objects and methods to support multi-accounts.
Added the AccountsApp object. This is the top-level object that you use if you're managing accounts for others. Use it to get the list of accounts you have access to and to select the account to manage.
Added the BingAdsAccount object. Use it to get account information for a managed account such as name, customer ID, and account-level performance data.
Added the BingAdsAccountIterator object. Use it to iterate through the list of managed accounts that you selected.
Added the BingAdsAccountSelector object. Use it to select the the list of managed accounts that you want to get.
Added the BingAdsAccountStats object. Use it to access the managed account's performance data.
Added the following fields to the Budget object to support shared budgets.
- campaigns — Gets a selector that returns all campaigns that share this budget.
- getEntityType — Gets the object's type.
- getId — Gets the ID that uniquely identifies the shared budget.
- getName — Gets the shared budget's name.
- getStats — Gets the performance data for the campaigns that share this budget.
- getType — Get the budget's type (for example, DAILY).
- isExplicitlyShared — Gets a Boolean value that indicates whether this budget is a shared budget.
getStats methods return data for only shared budgets; the
getName methods return null for unshared (individual campaign) budgets.
Added the following field to the BingAdsApp object.
- budgets — Gets all shared budgets in the account. Use the selector to filter the list of shared budgets.
Added the following objects that you use to filter and loop through a list of shared budgets.
BudgetSelector — Contains the methods for filtering and ordering the list of shared budgets.
BudgetIterator — Contains the methods for looping through the list of shared budgets. The selector's
getmethod returns the iterator.
The selector returns only shared budgets, it does not include unshared (individual campaign) budgets. To determine if a campaign uses an individual budget, get the budget by calling the campaign's
getBudget method. Then, call the budget's
isExplicitlyShared method to determine if the budget is shared. The budget is shared if
isExplicitlyShared returns true.
October 1, 2018
Added the following method to the Keyword object.
- getQualityScore — Gets the keyword's quality score. The score is in the range 1 through 10 (highest). The score shows you how competitive your ads are in the marketplace by measuring how relevant your keywords and landing pages are to customers' search terms.
September 12, 2018
Added the following methods for getting an entity's parent and child entities.
- AdGroup.getCampaign — Gets the campaign that the ad group belongs to.
- AdGroup.keywords — Gets a selector used to filter the ad group's list of keywords.
- AdParam.getAdGroup — Gets the ad group that the keyword associated with this substitution parameter belongs to.
- AdParam.getKeyword — Gets the keyword that the substitution parameter applies to.
- Campaign.adGroups — Gets a selector used to filter the campaign's list of ad groups.
- Campaign.keywords — Gets a selector used to filter the campaign's list of keywords.
- Keyword.getCampaign — Gets the campaign that the keyword belongs to.
- Keyword.getAdGroup — Gets the ad group that the keyword belongs to.
- NegativeKeywordList.campaigns — Gets a selector used to filter the list of campaigns that the negative keyword list is associated with.
September 9, 2018
Added support for ads.
Added the AdBuilderSpace object. The object contains methods for getting ad builders. For example, if you want to build an expanded text ad, you'd call the object's
expandedTextAdBuildermethod to get the ExpandedTextAdBuilder object.
Added the ExpandedTextAdBuilder object, which you use to add an expanded text ad to the ad group.
Added the AdOperation object, which you use to determine whether Bing successfully added the ad.
Added the AdViewSpace object, which contains the methods used to cast an ad to a specific type. For example, cast the base ad object to an expanded text ad.
Added the AdTypeSpace object, which contains the methods used to test whether an ad is of the specified type. For example, to test whether the ad is an expanded text ad.
Added the Ad object, which is the base ad type. It also defines a text ad.
Added the AdUrls object, which contains the methods for getting the ad's URLs, tracking template, and custom parameters.
Added the ExpandedTextAd object, which defines an expanded text ad.
Added the AdSelector object, which you use to specify the filter criteria for selecting ads.
Added the AdIterator object, which you use to iterate through the filtered list of ads.
June 15, 2018
Closed beta release. This release of Bing Ads Scripts is available to select participants only. For information about participating in the preview release program, please contact your account manager. The Scripts classes and documentation are subject to change.
This initial release includes the following capabilities:
- Core campaign management (campaigns, ad groups, keywords)
- Performance data at entity-level (campaigns, ad groups, keywords)
- Shared Negative Keyword Lists