V8 Web Controls Developer Resources
This topic contains support resources and contact information.
Create a Bing Maps Account & Key
There are two paths in which you can get a Bing Maps key. This first method is recommended if you fall into one of these categories;
- Are an enterprise customer who has a volume license agreement with Microsoft.
- Currently generate more than 500 thousand transactions a month. Documentation on transactions can be here.
- Are using Bing Maps in an asset tracking application.
- Internal applications where you prefer to use a known user license (cost per user) rather than a transactional license.
The second method is recommended for all other applications that generate less than 500 thousand transactions a month.
Method 1: Create a Bing Maps Account
- Create a Bing Maps account at the Bing Maps Dev Center. You can find documentation on how to create a Bing Maps account here.
- Create a Bing Maps key.
- Enterprise customers are advised to use keys of type “basic” for all pre‐production application testing. An enterprise key should be created and used for production use.
- See the MSDN documentation for more information on Getting a Bing Maps key.
Method 2: License Bing Maps through Azure Marketplace
Sign up for the Bing Maps API for Enterprise in the Azure Marketplace here. If you do not have an Azure account, you will have to create one and provide a credit card. Fill out the forms provided and select the transaction level that meets your monthly transaction requirements. Note that you can change this at any time. One benefit of license Bing Maps through the Azure Marketplace is that you get the flexibility of licensing on a month to month basis, rather than being locked into a contract for one of more years.
Developer Resource Links
The following resources are available for Bing Maps developers:
- Bing Maps V8 Interactive SDK - Provides interactive code samples which you can edit and test out your own map control code.
- Bing Maps V8 Code Sample project - Hundreds of in depth code samples.
- Bing Maps TypeScript Definitions - These can be used to provide intellisense and richer error catching functionality to your IDE.
- Connect with other Bing Maps developers on the Bing Maps Web Controls Forum.
- Visit the Bing Maps for Enterprise website.
- Read the Bing Maps Developer blog
- Manage your Bing Maps account through the Bing Maps Dev Center.
- Need technical support, try the Bing Maps forums. If you have an Enterprise Bing Maps license, find addition support information here.
If you are having issues creating a Bing Maps Developer Account, getting a Bing Maps Key, or have an account access question, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in finding out more about Bing Maps or have questions about licensing Bing Maps, see the Bing Maps Licensing page.