Checklist: Installing and Configuring Certificates
This topic describes the steps involved in setting up certificates for use with BizTalk Server.
|Assess your certificate requirements, and come to an agreement with your trading partner about your mutual responsibilities with respect to certificates.||"Assess and Plan Your Use of Certificates" section in Best Practices for Managing Certificates|
|If you will be using the private key, request a private-public key pair for digital signatures from the certification authority (CA), and send the public key to your trading partner.
If you will be using the public key, have your trading partner request a private-public key pair for digital signatures from the CA, and send the public key to you.
|How to Install Certificates for BizTalk Server|
|Install the private or public key into the appropriate certificate store, and have your trading partner do the same.||- How to Install Certificates for BizTalk Server
- "Install Certificates" section of Best Practices for Managing Certificates
|If using the certificate for MIME/SMIME messages, configure BizTalk Server to use the certificate.||- Configuring Certificates for MIME or SMIME Messages
- "Configure BizTalk Server to Use Certificates for MIME/SMIME" section in Best Practices for Managing Certificates
|(Optional) If using the certificate with an adapter, configure the adapter to use the certificate.||- Configuring Certificates with Adapters
- "Configure a BizTalk Adapter to Use Certificates" section of Best Practices for Managing Certificates
|(Optional) If using the certificate to perform party resolution, configure the party to use the certificate.||How to Configure Certificates for Party Resolution|
|(Optional) If exporting the certificate from one BizTalk group to another, add the certificate to a BizTalk application; export the application to an .msi file; and then import the application into a different BizTalk group.||- How to Configure Certificates for Party Resolution
- How to Export an Application to an .msi File
- How to Import an Application from an .msi File
- "Exporting a Certificate from One BizTalk Group to Another" section of Best Practices for Managing Certificates