Checklist: Monitoring BizTalk Server with Operations Manager 2007
This topic lists the high-level steps you can follow when preparing to monitor your BizTalk Server environment.
|Ensure that you have appropriate permissions to install and configure software on your BizTalk Server computer(s).||Minimum Security User Rights (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=154374)|
|Install Operations Manager 2007 agent on each BizTalk Server computer you want to monitor and point it to the Operations Manager 2007 server.||Refer to Deploying Operations Manager 2007 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=110030)|
|Download and import the appropriate version of the management packs for the following:
- BizTalk Server (required)
- Enterprise Single Sign-On (required)
- Windows Base OS (Server) (optional)
- Microsoft Windows Server Cluster (if clusters are used, optional)
- SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005 (optional)
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 2008, IIS 2003 (optional)
- Message Queuing (MSMQ) 3.0 (optional)
|- Download the Management Packs from System Center Management Pack Catalog (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=203227).
- Import the management pack by following instructions at How to Import a Management Pack in Operations Manager 2007 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=98348).
|Read the best practices for using Operations Manager 2010 to monitor BizTalk Server.||Best Practices for Monitoring with Operations Manager 2007|
|Enable or disable the BizTalk Server management pack rules as appropriate.||Best Practices for Monitoring with Operations Manager 2007|
|Add any standalone Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO) computers to the list of computers to be monitored by the BizTalk Server management pack.||How to Add Enterprise Single Sign-On Computers to the List of Computers Monitored by the BizTalk Server Management Pack (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=157263).|