Microsoft Teams integration
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review What’s new and planned for Dynamics 365 for Sales. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
Today’s sales process often requires sales reps to collaborate across departments when working on a sales opportunity. McKinsey reports that on average, sales reps need to collaborate with 16 colleagues to close a deal. The Dynamics 365 app for Microsoft Teams enables sales reps to collaborate more effectively using Microsoft Teams.
The Dynamics 365 app for Microsoft Teams enables a sales team to easily work with Dynamics 365 customer information and share files directly from Microsoft Teams. This helps them to be more productive and get the deal done more effectively.
- Collaboration hub: Access records together with the Office applications you need to close deals.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work together with customers and any colleague across functions, including customers that do not have a Dynamics 365 user account.
- File integration: Co-author documents using Office 365 and automatically sync to Dynamics 365.
- Teams mobile app: Search from Microsoft Teams mobile app using the Dynamics 365 bot while on the go.
Sales representatives to collaborate with colleagues across different teams.
- Access Dynamics 365 records by adding a Dynamics 365 tab into the Teams channel. Collaborate at scale not only on a single Dynamics 365 record (like a sales opportunity), but also on multiple records with a Dynamics 365 view.
- Seamless document collaboration between Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- Collaborate on the set of records (like “active opportunity") through conversation and easily access the records while on the go using the Dynamics 365 bot for Microsoft Teams mobile app.
This feature is available in Unified Interface only.