Improved solution support for canvas apps and flows (Public Preview)
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review What's new and planned for Microsoft PowerApps. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
Solution support for canvas apps and flows has several key improvements over the October preview. You can track dependencies and, when a managed solution is uninstalled, remove apps.
Other improvements include:
- Adding canvas apps and flows to a solution even if they weren't created in a solution.
- PowerShell cmdlets are available to add canvas apps and flows to solutions.
- When a managed solution is uninstalled, canvas apps and flows are deleted.
- Canvas apps are reformatted for readability in source control.
- PowerApps developer tooling supports canvas apps and flows.
- Flows using the Common Data Service connector are supported in solutions.
- Canvas apps with flows are supported within solutions.
- Button-triggered flows from within model-driven apps are supported.
In addition, flows in solutions are easier to discover and edit. They are located under Team Flows and don't need to be turned off before editing.