These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review the “Summary of what’s new” page in the contents to the left. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
Overview of Data Integration Platform October '18 release
Data Integration provides the connectors and gateways that make it possible to bring any external data into the Common Data Service (CDS) and store the data in Common Data Model (CDM) form. This makes it easier for customers to integrate their data in a single place for business applications and analytics. Data Integration is based on Power Query, the same technology that millions of people use daily in Power BI and Excel.
Data Integration provides direct connectivity to hundreds of business-critical data sources as well as:
- Hybrid connectivity via the on-premises data gateway.
- Integration into Power BI, PowerApps, Logic Apps, Microsoft Flow, Azure Analysis Services, and Office 365 (Power Query in Excel).
Improvements to this platform functionality enable richer connectivity to various Microsoft and third-party applications and services. There are key innovations in the following areas:
- Simpler, smarter transformation and integration of enterprise data with Power Query and Data Integration Platform
- Easier sharing, unification, and enrichment of data with Common Data Model entities
- Richer and more unified connector and developer ecosystem
- Enhanced administrator capabilities for Data Integration
- Enterprise-grade hybrid connectivity using the on-premises data gateway