Business events for integrations
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review What’s new and planned for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
Events exist in Finance and Operations, but their consumption was previously confined within Finance and Operations. This new capability provides a framework that will allow business processes in Finance and Operations to capture business events as business processes are executed, and send the events to an external system or application.
This will allow, for example, a purchase order approval to trigger a fulfillment in the vendor organization sooner than later; a receipt of a damaged part to trigger the vendor claim process in real time; and so on. Since these events happen in the context of business processes, they are called business events that enable business process integration.
External business processes will subscribe to specific business events from Finance and Operations to get notified when they occur. The business events can also be consumed as "triggers" in the Finance and Operations connector.
Some capabilities that will be included are:
- Business events administrator experience: enable and disable business events as needed
- Application business events
- Workflow business events
- Business events framework: for partner- and customer-defined events
- Endpoint support for Event Grid: for integration scenarios
- Connector triggers for "when a business event occurs": for use in Microsoft Flow and LogicApps. The user will then be able to subscribe to specific business events available in Finance and Operations.