Released version 3.18101
Version 3.18101 for Power Apps Studio and Power Apps Mobile is now available in all regions. This article describes the updates, including the new features, and the fixes to existing functionality, which are included in this update. This version was first made available in preview on October 5, 2018, and completed worldwide rollout on October 10, 2018.
Enhanced help and support for admins
With the Help & Support experience in the Power Platform admin center, not only can admins escalate and engage with customer support more easily but also, with in-line self-help, admins have become even more successful at diagnosing and resolving solutions on their own.
Improved experience for building model-driven apps
App makers can more easily compose and test model-driven apps in the designer. The navigation and configuration was simplified to support both Web and Unified Interface. Editing app components is easier through quicker access to deep links. After saving and publishing changes, makers can run the app directly from the designer to quickly test the changes.
Increased performance for globally distributed Common Data Service for Apps enterprises
End users across many geographies and network latencies see consistent, fast performance regardless of their location with respect to the data center. Fewer server trips are required when a page definition is initially loaded, and more page definitions are cached after the initial load, which makes subsequent loads faster.
Fixes and improvements
- [Camera][Image] Displayed camera photo is rotated - When the image control is used to display a photo which is taken using a rotated camera, the image does not rotate to match the screen orientation.
- [Edge] Image doesn't appear in image control when binded with camera on webplayer
- Calendar: Text is truncated in Calendar and Meeting screen in Phone layout - Text of event and email id is truncated in calendar event gallery.
- Camera: Webauth crash on clicking on Camera - Web authoring crashes when clicking on a camera control, within Edge browser.
- Cascading dropdown: Flyout UI for triggering actions - Makers can create cascading dropdowns without writing formulas.
- Data pane: Enable searching in the data sources pane using a search box - Makers can search for data sources in the data sources pane using a search bar.
- Formula: Suggestion does not disappear after selecting from dropdown - Suggestion doesn't disappear if the correct formula is selected in the dropdown.
- Gallery: Unnecessary scrolling line is displayed when there are only few data - Add a gallery and bind with small data set, such that it fits in the gallery view. Erroneously, scroll bars are displayed for such small data sets.