This exam retired on January 31, 2021. For currently available options, please refer to the Browse Certifications and Exams page.
Candidates for this exam manage identities using the functionalities in Windows Server 2016. Candidates install, configure, manage, and maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) as well as implement Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
Candidates should also be familiar implementing and managing Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Active Directory Federations Services (AD FS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), and Web Application proxy.
Note: There are exam updates effective as of November 3, 2017. To learn more about these changes and how they affect the skills measured, please download and review the Exam 742 change document.
Part of the requirements for: MCSA: Windows Server 2016
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- Install and Configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) (20-25%)
- Manage and Maintain AD DS (15-20%)
- Create and Manage Group Policy (25-30%)
- Implement Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) (10-15%)
- Implement Identity Federation and Access Solutions (15-20%)
Two ways to prepare
Prove your mastery of the primary set of Windows Server 2016 skills required to reduce IT costs and deliver more business value.