Candidates for this exam are cloud developers who participate in all phases of development from requirements definition and design to development, deployment, and maintenance. They partner with cloud DBAs, cloud administrators, and clients to implement solutions.
Candidates should be proficient in Azure SDKs, data storage options, data connections, APIs, app authentication and authorization, compute, and container deployment, debugging, performance tuning, and monitoring.
Candidates should have 1-2 years professional development experience and experience with Microsoft Azure. They should be able to program in an Azure-supported language, and should be proficient using Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell, and other tools.
The English language version of this exam was updated on April 19, 2022. Please download the study guide in the “Tip” box to see the current skills measured. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam was updated on April 19, 2022. Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Develop Azure compute solutions (25-30%)
- Develop for Azure storage (15-20%)
- Implement Azure security (20-25%)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions (15-20%)
- Connect to and consume Azure services and third-party services (15-20%)
Two ways to prepare
Azure developers design, build, test, and maintain cloud applications and services.